[Gluster-users] gluster volume create failed: Host is not in 'Peer in Cluster' state

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Wed May 23 03:44:43 UTC 2018

All,

Running glusterfs-4.0.2-1 on CentOS 7.5.1804

I have 10 servers running in a pool. All show as connected when I do
gluster peer status and gluster pool list.

There is 1 volume running that is distributed on servers 1-5.

I try using a brick in server7 and it always gives me:
/volume create: GDATA: failed: Host server7 is not in 'Peer in Cluster'
state/

Now that is even ON server7 with:
/gluster volume create GDATA transport tcp server7:/GLUSTER/brick1/

I have detached and re-probed the server. It seems all happy, but it
will NOT allow any sort of volume to be created on it.

Any ideas out there?

Brian Andrus