[Gluster-users] Some more questions

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:26:56 UTC 2018

Ok, some more question as I'm still planning our SDS (but I'm prone to use
LizardFS, gluster is too inflexible)

Let's assume a replica 3:

1) currently, is not possbile to add a single server and rebalance like any
order SDS (Ceph, Lizard, Moose, DRBD, ....), right ? In replica 3, I have
to add 3 new servers

2) The same should be by add disks on spare slots on existing servers.
Always a multiple of replica count, thus 1 disk per server

3) Can I grow the cluster by replacing 3 disks with bigger ones? In
example, with 12 2TB disks (on each server), I can replace 3 of them (1 per
server) with 4TB to get more space, right ? Or should I replace *all* disks
?