[Gluster-users] Finding performance bottlenecks

Ben Turner bturner at redhat.com
Mon May 7 15:03:09 UTC 2018

----- Original Message -----

Are you properly aligned?  This sounds like the xattr reads / writes used by gluster may be eating you IOPs, this is exacerbated when storage is misaligned.  I suggest getting on the latest version of oVirt(I have seen this help) and evaluate your storage stack.

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_gluster_storage/3.1/html/administration_guide/formatting_and_mounting_bricks

pvcreate --dataalign = full stripe(RAID stripe * # of data disks)
vgcreate --extensize = full stripe
lvcreate like normal
mkfs.xfs -f -i size=512 -n size=8192 -d su=<stripe size>,sw=<number of data disks> DEVICE

And mount with:

/dev/rhs_vg/rhs_lv/mountpoint  xfs rw,inode64,noatime,nouuid  1 2

I normally used tuned profile rhgs-random-io and the gluster v set group virtualization.

HTH

-b