[Gluster-users] arbiter node on client?

Dave Sherohman dave at sherohman.org
Mon May 7 11:21:49 UTC 2018

On Sun, May 06, 2018 at 11:15:32AM +0000, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> is possible to add an arbiter node on the client?

I've been running in that configuration for a couple months now with no
problems.  I have 6 data + 3 arbiter bricks hosting VM disk images and
all three of my arbiter bricks are on one of the kvm hosts.

> Can I use multiple arbiter for the same volume ? In example, one arbiter on
> each client.

I'm pretty sure that you can only have one arbiter per subvolume, and
I'm not even sure what the point of multiple arbiters over the same data
would be.

In my case, I have three subvolumes (three replica pairs), which means I
need three arbiters and those could be spread across multiple nodes, of
course, but I don't think saying "I want 12 arbiters instead of 3!"
would be supported.

--
Dave Sherohman