[Gluster-users] Old gluster PPA repositories

Igor Cicimov igorc at encompasscorporation.com
Tue Jul 31 23:59:49 UTC 2018

Hi,

Was looking to upgrade some old 3.4 cluster running on Ubuntu but seems
older versions than 3.10 have been removed from the gluster PPA. How do
people proceed with upgrade in this case? From what I read in the upgrade
documentation I can upgrade from 3.4 to 3.6 but since the repository is
gone what are my options now?

I tried to compile 3.6.9 on Ubuntu 14.04 but it errored out:

make[5]: *** [keys.lo] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

By the way, why are the old PPA's being removed really? How are we to
automate when things are constantly disappearing?

Thanks,
Igor