[Gluster-users] Subject: Help needed in improving monitoring in Gluster

Maarten van Baarsel mrten_glusterusers at ii.nl
Wed Jul 25 14:28:10 UTC 2018

On 23/7/2018 18:25 , Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

>> Regarding monitoring; I would love to see in my monitoring that
>> geo-replication is working as intended; at the moment I'm faking georep
>> monitoring by having a process touch a file (every server involved in
>> gluster touches another file) on every volume and checking mtime on the
>> slave.
>>

> I'd like to request that if possible, you elaborate on how you'd like
> to see the "as intended" situation. What kind of data points and/or
> visualization would aid you in arriving at that conclusion?

for this particular example: perhaps last sync time, and number of files
on both sides. i realize this is a difficult problem...

number of files touched by sync per run?

currently there is a 'started/stopped/faulty' indicator for the geo-rep,
could be exposed as well.

a monitoring interface that is guaranteed to be non-blocking would be a
great enhancement.

M.