[Gluster-users] Community to supported

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 05:41:37 UTC 2018

Hi all

I did some basic testing and did a Gluster to RHGS using

Built three new VMs (devfil01, devfil02, devfil03) and installed community
gluster version 3.8.7. using devfil01, added all three nodes to the pool -
peer probe devfil02 - peer probe devfil03 Created a volume matching the
basic setup of production - gluster volume create testvol replica 3 arbiter
1 devfil01:/bricks/brick1/brick devfil02:/bricks/brick1/brick
devfil03:/bricks/brick1/brick On devfil03 (arbiter first) - systemctl stop
glusterd - pkill glusterfs - yum erase $(rpm -qa | grep glusterfs) -
rhn-channel -r -c el-x86_64-glusterfs-7 # community gluster - rhn-channel
-a -c rhn-channel -a -c rhel-x86_64-server-7-rh-gluster-3 -c
rhel-x86_64-server-7-rh-gluster-3-nfs -c
rhel-x86_64-server-7-rh-gluster-3-samba - yum install glusterfs-server -y -
systemctl restart glusterd Repeat for devfil02 Repeat for devfil01

Any thoughts on this process?  Anything I'm missing or could do a better
way?

Thanks