[Gluster-users] Gluster FS 3.10.2: degraded rsync performance

Mauro Tridici mauro.tridici at cmcc.it
Mon Jul 9 22:16:25 UTC 2018

Dear All,

after using Gluster FS 3.10.2 for a few months in a production environment, I noticed that rsync performance degraded terribly.
During last period, rsync copies were very slow: the maximum throughput value was about 150KB/s.

So I decided to reboot all gluster servers. After that, rsync performance returned to the normality.
Why this happened? What can I do in order to avoid rsync performance degradation and a periodical reboot of the entire cluster?

Thank you very much.
Regards,
Mauro