[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.10.5: used disk size reported by quota and du mismatch

Mauro Tridici mauro.tridici at cmcc.it
Tue Jul 3 10:39:11 UTC 2018

Dear Sanoj,

thank you very much for your support.
I just downloaded and executed the script you suggested.

This is the full command I executed:

./quota_fsck_new.py --full-logs --sub-dir /tier2/CSP/ans004/ /gluster

In attachment, you can find the logs generated by the script.
What can I do now?

Thank you very much for your patience.
Mauro

> Il giorno 03 lug 2018, alle ore 11:34, Sanoj Unnikrishnan <sunnikri at redhat.com> ha scritto:
>
> Hi Mauro,
>
> This may be an issue with update of backend xattrs.
> To RCA further and provide resolution could you provide me with the logs by running the following fsck script.
> https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19179/6/extras/quota/quota_fsck.py <https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19179/6/extras/quota/quota_fsck.py>
>
> Try running the script and revert with the logs generated.
>
> Thanks,
> Sanoj
>

> On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 2:21 PM, Mauro Tridici <mauro.tridici at cmcc.it <mailto:mauro.tridici at cmcc.it>> wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> I just noticed that, after some data deletions executed inside "/tier2/CSP/ans004” folder, the amount of used disk reported by quota command doesn’t reflect the value indicated by du command.
> Surfing on the web, it seems that it is a bug of previous versions of Gluster FS and it was already fixed.
> In my case, the problem seems unfortunately still here.
>
> How can I solve this issue? Is it possible to do it without starting a downtime period?
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
> Mauro
>
> [root at s01 ~]# glusterfs -V
> glusterfs 3.10.5
> Repository revision: git://git.gluster.org/glusterfs.git <>
> Copyright (c) 2006-2016 Red Hat, Inc. <https://www.gluster.org/ <https://www.gluster.org/>>
> GlusterFS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> It is licensed to you under your choice of the GNU Lesser
> General Public License, version 3 or any later version (LGPLv3
> or later), or the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2),
> in all cases as published by the Free Software Foundation.
>
> [root at s01 ~]# gluster volume quota tier2 list /CSP/ans004
>                   Path                   Hard-limit  Soft-limit      Used  Available  Soft-limit exceeded? Hard-limit exceeded?
> /CSP/ans004                                1.0TB     99%(1013.8GB)    3.9TB  0Bytes             Yes                  Yes
>
> [root at s01 ~]# du -hs /tier2/CSP/ans004/
> 295G	/tier2/CSP/ans004/

Mauro Tridici

Fondazione CMCC
CMCC Supercomputing Center
presso Complesso Ecotekne - Università del Salento -
Strada Prov.le Lecce - Monteroni sn
73100 Lecce  IT
http://www.cmcc.it

mobile: (+39) 327 5630841