[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.10.5: used disk size reported by quota and du mismatch

Mauro Tridici mauro.tridici at cmcc.it
Mon Jul 2 08:51:24 UTC 2018

Dear Users,

I just noticed that, after some data deletions executed inside "/tier2/CSP/ans004” folder, the amount of used disk reported by quota command doesn’t reflect the value indicated by du command.
Surfing on the web, it seems that it is a bug of previous versions of Gluster FS and it was already fixed.
In my case, the problem seems unfortunately still here.

How can I solve this issue? Is it possible to do it without starting a downtime period?

Thank you very much in advance,
Mauro

[root at s01 ~]# glusterfs -V
glusterfs 3.10.5
Repository revision: git://git.gluster.org/glusterfs.git
Copyright (c) 2006-2016 Red Hat, Inc. <https://www.gluster.org/>
GlusterFS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
It is licensed to you under your choice of the GNU Lesser
General Public License, version 3 or any later version (LGPLv3
or later), or the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2),
in all cases as published by the Free Software Foundation.

[root at s01 ~]# gluster volume quota tier2 list /CSP/ans004
                  Path                   Hard-limit  Soft-limit      Used  Available  Soft-limit exceeded? Hard-limit exceeded?
/CSP/ans004                                1.0TB     99%(1013.8GB)    3.9TB  0Bytes             Yes                  Yes

[root at s01 ~]# du -hs /tier2/CSP/ans004/
295G	/tier2/CSP/ans004/