[Gluster-users] It necessary make backup the .glusterfs directory ?

Vlad Kopylov vladkopy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 04:21:47 UTC 2018

In my experience .glusterfs is easily recoverable by going to the
brick path (if you have files there) and running stat for each object
but through mount point, something like:
cd BRICKPATH
sudo find . -path ./.glusterfs -prune -o -exec stat 'MUNTPATH/{}' \;

for example, if you need to recreate or create another volume - delete
.glusterfs and reset brick folder attr, and proceed with below trick
export brick_path=/main/brick4/geo0
sudo setfattr -x trusted.glusterfs.volume-id $brick_path
sudo setfattr -x trusted.gfid $brick_path
sudo rm -rf $brick_path/.glusterfs

files go nowhere - and they are everywhere you replicate them with Gluster