[Gluster-users] Integration of GPU with glusterfs

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at hetz.biz
Fri Jan 12 13:35:44 UTC 2018

There are 3 issues with adding GPU and adding code to glusterFS:

1. Cost: Since you cannot stick any GTX card inside your server, you'll be
forced to buy a $2K+ card for that. That could be an issue if the GlusterFS
is made out of old/cheap servers and the company/institution doesn't have
money for that.
2. You cannot insert any non GTX (or AMD's VEGA) cards to a 1U server.
3. Even if you find a solution for the 2 issues mentioned above, the code
will need to support both OpenCL and CUDA.

Instead of GPU, how about thinking about some cheap DSP PCIe solution?