[Gluster-users] Bricks to sub-volume mapping

Anand Malagi amalagi at commvault.com
Tue Jan 9 08:17:10 UTC 2018

Ok. Thank you very much...

Thanks and Regards,
--Anand
Extn : 6974
Mobile : 91 9552527199, 91 9850160173

From: Aravinda [mailto:avishwan at redhat.com]
Sent: 09 January 2018 12:47
To: Anand Malagi <amalagi at commvault.com>; gluster-users at gluster.org
Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] Bricks to sub-volume mapping

No, we don't store the information separately. But it can be easily predictable from the Volume Info.

For example, in the below Volume info, it shows "Number of Bricks" in the following format,

    Number of Subvols x (Number of Data bricks + Number of Redundancy bricks) = Total Bricks

Note: Sub volumes are predictable without storing it as separate info since we do not have a concept to mix different sub volumes types for single Volume(Except in case of Tiering).  But in future we may support sub volumes with multiple types within a Volume.(Issue with Glusterd2 https://github.com/gluster/glusterd2/issues/388)