[Gluster-users] So how badly will Gluster be affected by the Intel 'fix'

Darrell Budic budic at onholyground.com
Sat Jan 6 00:13:33 UTC 2018

I upgrade two small converged ovirt clusters last night, both running 3.10.x on top of centos 7.4. Neither was heavily loaded to begin with, but I’m not seeing significant change. I wasn’t heavily instrumented, but it looks only 1-2% increase in average utilization on the 1G interconnected pair, less on the 10G connected trio, maybe 4-5% more than I’m used to seeing during the heal after rebooting them but hard to tell on those systems.

My dev cluster of 3 older systems running centos 7.4 w/ gluster 3.12.4 (up from 3.12.3) in an ovirt cluster with no load other than the management engine saw no noticeable change in utilization. Not doing much at the moment, of course, but there you go.

Haven’t done my 3 larger servers yet, but looking good for the weekend…

  -D