[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] 2018 - Plans and Expectations on Gluster Community

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed Jan 3 13:05:15 UTC 2018

On 01/02/2018 11:03 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
>     The people who were writing storhaug never finished it. Keep using
>     3.10 until storhaug gets finished.
>

> Since 3.10 will be EOL in approximately 2 months from now, what would be
> our answer for NFS HA if storahug is not finished by then?
>
>   -   Use ctdb
>   -   Restore nfs.ganesha CLI support
>   -   Something else?
>
> Have we already documented upgrade instructions for those users
> utilizing nfs.ganesha CLI in 3.8? If not already done so, it would be
> useful to have them listed somewhere.

I have a pretty high degree of confidence that I can have storhaug
usable by or before 4.0. The bits I have on my devel box are almost
ready to post on github.

I'd like to abandon the github repo at
https://github.com/linux-ha-storage/storhaug; and create a new repo
under https://github.com/gluster/storhaug. I dare say there are other
Linux storage solutions besides gluster+ganesha+samba that storhaug
doesn't handle.

And upgrade instructions for what? Upgrading/switching from legacy
glusterd to storhaug? No, not yet. Doesn't make sense since there's no
(usable) storhaug yet.

--

Kaleb