[Gluster-users] Self Heal Confusion

Brett Holcomb biholcomb at l1049h.com
Thu Dec 20 21:59:59 UTC 2018

I have one volume that has 85 pending entries in healing and two more
volumes with 58,854 entries in healing pending.  These numbers are from
the volume heal info summary command.  They have stayed constant for two
days now.  I've read the gluster docs and many more.  The Gluster docs
just give some commands and non gluster docs basically repeat that.
Given that it appears no self-healing is going on for my volume I am
confused as to why.

1.  If a self-heal deamon is listed on a host (all of mine show one with
a volume status command) can I assume it's enabled and running?

2.  I assume the volume that has all the self-heals pending has some
serious issues even though I can access the files and directories on
it.  If self-heal is running shouldn't the numbers be decreasing?

It appears to me self-heal is not working properly so how to I get it to
start working or should I delete the volume and start over?

I'm running gluster 5.2 on Centos 7 latest and updated.

Thank you.