[Gluster-users] Seeding geo-replication slaves

Conrad Lawes pillage1791 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:22:47 UTC 2018

Is it possible to pre-seed a glusterfs geo-repl slave?

Background story:
I am presently using rsync to mirror 3 servers.
The source server (master) resides in the UK.  The target servers reside
in  Canada and USA.
The targets servers presently have 1.5TB of mirrored data.
I want to switch from rsync mirroring to glusterfs geo-replication.
However,  I wish to use the existing data  as the starting point instead of
starting geo-replication from scratch.  It will take a very long time to
re-sync 1.5TB of data over our WAN connection.

Does glusterfs allow for this?