[Gluster-users] Volume Creation - Best Practices

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 21:45:15 UTC 2018

You can do that, but you could run into issues with the 'shared'
remaining space. Any one of the volumes could eat up the space you
planned on using in another volume. Not a huge issue, but could bite you.

I prefer to use ZFS for the flexibility. I create a RAIDZ pool and then
separate zfs filesystems within that for each brick. I can reserve a
specific amount of space in the pool for each brick and that can be
modified as well.

It is easy to grow it too. Plus, configured right, zfs does parallel
across all the disks, so you get speedup in performance.

Brian Andrus