[Gluster-users] Gluter 3.12.12: performance during heal and in general

Hu Bert revirii at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 17 08:19:03 UTC 2018

I don't know what you exactly mean with workload, but the main
function of the volume is storing (incl. writing, reading) images
(from hundreds of bytes up to 30 MBs, overall ~7TB). The work is done
by apache tomcat servers writing to / reading from the volume. Besides
images there are some text files and binaries that are stored on the
volume and get updated regularly (every x hours); we'll try to migrate
the latter ones to local storage asap.

Interestingly it's only one process (and its threads) of the same
brick on 2 of the gluster servers that consumes the CPU.

gluster11: bricksdd1; not healed; full CPU
gluster12: bricksdd1; got healed; normal CPU
gluster13: bricksdd1; got healed; full CPU

Besides: performance during heal (e.g. gluster12, bricksdd1) was way
better than it is now. I've attached 2 pngs showing the differing cpu
usage of last week before/after heal.