[Gluster-users] Question to utime feature for release 4.1.0

Kotresh Hiremath Ravishankar khiremat at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 18:15:17 UTC 2018

Hi David,

The feature is to provide consistent time attributes (atime, ctime, mtime)
across replica set.
The feature is enabled with following two options.

gluster vol set <vol> utime on
gluster vol set <vol> ctime on

The features currently does not honour mount options related time
attributes such as 'noatime'.
So even though the volume is mounted with noatime, it will still update
atime with this feature
enabled.

Thanks,
Kotresh HR

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 3:51 PM, David Spisla <spisla80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Gluster Community,
> in the Chapter "Standalone" point 3 of the release notes for 4.1.0
> https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/release-notes/4.1.0/
>
> there is an introduction to the new utime feature. What kind of options
> are not allowed if I want to mount a volume? There is "noatime,realatime"
> mentioned. Does the second mean "relatime". I never heard of "realatime".
> Is there any recommendation for the mount options?
>
> Regards
> David Spisla

Thanks and Regards,
Kotresh H R