[Gluster-users] Gluster High CPU/Clients Hanging on Heavy Writes

Raghavendra Gowdappa rgowdapp at redhat.com
Sun Aug 5 07:38:48 UTC 2018

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 12:44 PM, Yuhao Zhang <zzyzxd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running into a situation that heavy write causes Gluster server went
> into zombie with many high CPU processes and all clients hangs, it is
> almost 100% reproducible on my machine. Hope someone can help.

Can you give us the output of monitioring these processes with High cpu
usage captured in the duration when your tests are running?

- MON_INTERVAL=10 # can be increased for very long runs
- top -bd $MON_INTERVAL > /tmp/top_proc.${HOSTNAME}.txt # CPU utilization
by process
- top -bHd $MON_INTERVAL > /tmp/top_thr.${HOSTNAME}.txt # CPU utilization
by thread