[Gluster-users] gluster 3.12 memory leak

Alex K rightkicktech at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 11:26:37 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I am using gluster 3.12.9-1 on ovirt 4.1.9 and I have observed consistent
high memory use which at some point renders the hosts unresponsive. This
behavior is observed also while using 3.12.11-1 with ovirt 4.2.5. I did not
have this issue prior to upgrading gluster.

I have seen a relevant bug reporting memory leaks of gluster and it seems
that this is the case for my trouble. To temporarily resolve the high
memory issue, I put hosts in maintenance then activate them back again.
This indicates that the memory leak is caused from the gluster client.
Ovirt is using fuse mounts.

Is there any bug fx available for this?
This issue is hitting us hard with several production installations.

Thanx,
Alex