[Gluster-users] thin arbiter vs standard arbiter

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Thu Aug 2 11:29:41 UTC 2018

01.08.2018 22:04, Amar Tumballi пишет:
> This recently added document talks about some of the technicalities of
> the feature:
>
> https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Thin-Arbiter-Volumes/
>
> Please go through and see if it answers your questions.
>
> -Amar

Hello!

I have question:

Manual says:

"When one brick is up: Fail FOP with EIO."

So, if we have 2 nodes with thin arbiter and only one node is up, i.e.
second node is down for some reason, then I/O will be stopped.
Any reasons to have two nodes then?

Could you tell me is manual right here or it is misprint?

Thank you!