[Gluster-users] Memory leak with the libgfapi in 3.12 ?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 21:35:58 UTC 2018

Hmm. I just had to jump through lots of issues with a gluster 3.12.9
setup under Ovirt. The mounts are stock fuse.glusterfs. The RAM usage
had been climbing and I had to move VMs around, put hosts in
maintenance mode, do updates, restart. When the VMs were moved back the
memory usage dropped back to normal. The new gluster is 3.12.11 and
still using fuse in a replica 3 config. I'm blaming the fuse mount
process for the leak (with no data to back it up yet).
A different gluster install also using fuse mounts does not show the
memory consumption. It does not use virtualization at all so it really
is likely an issue with the kvm/qemu. On those system, the fuse mounts
get dropped by oomkiller when computation use of memory overload
things. Different issue totally.

--
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.