[Gluster-users] Getting glusterfs to expand volume size to brick size

Artem Russakovskii archon810 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 18:39:48 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have a 3-brick replicate volume, but for some reason I can't get it to
expand to the size of the bricks. The bricks are 25GB, but even after
multiple gluster restarts and remounts, the volume is only about 8GB.

I believed I could always extend the bricks (we're using Linode block
storage, which allows extending block devices after they're created), and
gluster would see the newly available space and extend to use it.

Multiple Google searches, and I'm still nowhere. Any ideas?

df | ack "block|data"
Filesystem                                                   1M-blocks
 Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdd                                                        25071M
1491M    22284M   7% /mnt/pylon_block1
/dev/sdc                                                        26079M
1491M    23241M   7% /mnt/pylon_block2
/dev/sde                                                        25071M
1491M    22315M   7% /mnt/pylon_block3
localhost:/dev_apkmirror_data                                    8357M
 581M     7428M   8% /mnt/dev_apkmirror_data1
localhost:/dev_apkmirror_data                                    8357M
 581M     7428M   8% /mnt/dev_apkmirror_data2
localhost:/dev_apkmirror_data                                    8357M
 581M     7428M   8% /mnt/dev_apkmirror_data3

gluster volume info

Volume Name: dev_apkmirror_data
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: cd5621ee-7fab-401b-b720-08863717ed56
Snapshot Count: 0
Number of Bricks: 1 x 3 = 3
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: pylon:/mnt/pylon_block1/dev_apkmirror_data
Brick2: pylon:/mnt/pylon_block2/dev_apkmirror_data
Brick3: pylon:/mnt/pylon_block3/dev_apkmirror_data
Options Reconfigured:
disperse.eager-lock: off
cluster.lookup-unhashed: auto
cluster.read-hash-mode: 0
performance.strict-o-direct: on
cluster.shd-max-threads: 12
performance.nl-cache-timeout: 600
performance.nl-cache: on
cluster.quorum-count: 1
cluster.quorum-type: fixed
network.ping-timeout: 5
network.remote-dio: enable
performance.rda-cache-limit: 256MB
performance.parallel-readdir: on
network.inode-lru-limit: 500000
performance.md-cache-timeout: 600
performance.cache-invalidation: on
performance.stat-prefetch: on
features.cache-invalidation-timeout: 600
features.cache-invalidation: on
performance.io-thread-count: 32
server.event-threads: 4
client.event-threads: 4