[Gluster-users] performance.cache-size for high-RAM clients/servers, other tweaks for performance, and improvements to Gluster docs

Artem Russakovskii archon810 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 05:47:33 UTC 2018

Hi Vlad,

I'm using only localhost: mounts.

Can you please explain what effect each option has on performance issues
shown in my posts? "negative-timeout=10,attribute-timeout=30,fopen-
keep-cache,direct-io-mode=enable,fetch-attempts=5" From what I remember,
direct-io-mode=enable didn't make a difference in my tests, but I suppose I
can try again. The explanations about direct-io-mode are quite confusing on
the web in various guides, saying enabling it could make performance worse
in some situations and better in others due to OS file cache.

There are also these gluster volume settings, adding to the confusion:
Option: performance.strict-o-direct
Default Value: off

Option: performance.nfs.strict-o-direct

Re: 4.0. I moved to 4.0 after finding out that it fixes the disappearing
dirs bug related to cluster.readdir-optimize if you remember (
http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2018-April/033830.html). I
was already on 3.13 by then, and 4.0 resolved the issue. It's been stable
for me so far, thankfully.

Sincerely,
Artem

--