[Gluster-users] JBOD / ZFS / Flash backed

Vincent Royer vincent at epicenergy.ca
Mon Apr 9 21:15:27 UTC 2018

Thanks,

The 3 servers are new Lenovo units with redundant PS backed by two huge UPS
units (on for each bank of power supplies).  I think the chances of losing
two nodes is incredibly slim, and in that case a Disaster Recovery from
offsite backups would be reasonable.

My requirements are about 2TB, highly available (so that I can reboot one
of the 3 servers without taking down services).

Beyond that my focus is high performance for small I/O.

So I could do a single 2TB SSD per server, or two, or many more if that is
"what is required".  But I don't want to waste money...

I like the idea of forgoing the RAID cards as they are quite expensive,
especially the capacitor backed ones.  The onboard controller can handle
JBOD just fine, if Gluster is OK with it!

*Vincent Royer*
*778-825-1057*

<http://www.epicenergy.ca/>
*SUSTAINABLE MOBILE ENERGY SOLUTIONS*