[Gluster-users] Tune and optimize dispersed cluster

Marcus Pedersén marcus.pedersen at slu.se
Tue Apr 3 07:25:02 UTC 2018

Hi all,
I have setup a dispersed cluster (2+1), version 3.12.
The way our users run I guessed that we would get the penalties
with dispersed cluster and I was right....
A calculation that usually takes about 48 hours (on a replicaited cluster),
now took about 60 hours.
There is alot of "small" reads/writes going on in these programs.

Is there a way to tune, optimize a dispersed cluster to make it
run better with small read/writes?

Many thansk in advance!

Best regards
Marcus Pedersén

* Marcus Pedersén                                *
* System administrator                           *
* Interbull Centre                               *
* Department of Animal Breeding & Genetics — SLU *
* Box 7023, SE-750 07                            *
* Uppsala, Sweden                                *
* Visiting address:                              *
* Room 55614, Ulls väg 26, Ultuna                *
* Uppsala                                        *
* Sweden                                         *
* Tel: +46-(0)18-67 1962                         *