[Gluster-users] Ubuntu Xenial 3.12.2 Gluster DEB packages are missing VIRT group settings

WK wkmail at bneit.com
Fri Oct 20 17:06:37 UTC 2017

Just did a greenfield install for a new Replication 2 + arb cluster from

ppa:gluster/glusterfs-3.12

on U16 LTS (Xenial)

It install cleanly and easily except it was missing virt group file (or
any group) in /var/lib/glusterd/groups

I grabbed an older virt file from another cluster and used that.

It was composed of:

performance.quick-read=off
performance.read-ahead=off
performance.io-cache=off
performance.stat-prefetch=off
performance.low-prio-threads=32
network.remote-dio=enable
cluster.eager-lock=enable
cluster.quorum-type=auto
cluster.server-quorum-type=server
cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm=full
cluster.locking-scheme=granular
cluster.shd-max-threads=8
cluster.shd-wait-qlength=10000
features.shard=on
features.shard-block-size=256MB
user.cifs=off

So

1. are those the current recommended settings for 3.12 when hosting VM
in a libvirt/qemu environment using qcow2 images?

2. Can someone get the correct group settings over to the maintainer.

3. on a minor note the systemd service file on 3.10 was glusterfs   on
3.12 it is glusterd  so I had to tweak my ansible install a bit.

Those virt settings make a big difference when hosting VMs. So they are
important for a newbie to be able to get a hold of easily.

-wk