[Gluster-users] Trying to remove a brick (with heketi) fails...

Krist van Besien krist at redhat.com
Thu Oct 19 15:01:46 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have a gluster cluster with 4 nodes, that is managed using heketi. I want
to test the removeal of one node.
We have several volumes on it, some with rep=2, others with rep=3.

I get the following error:

[root at CTYI1458 .ssh]# heketi-cli --user admin --secret "******" node remove
749850f8e5fd23cf6a224b7490499659
Error: Failed to remove device, error: Cannot replace brick
d2026206f3fcd8b497c9ee28f014d845 as only 1 of 2 required peer bricks are
online

What heketi does when you do a node remove is one by one replace all the
bricks. So it just executes a slew of "gluster volume replace-brick"
commands, and these were in our case successfull, except for one volume,
which is a rep=2 volume. And there we got this error:

Cannot replace brick d2026206f3fcd8b497c9ee28f014d845 as only 1 of 2
required peer bricks are online

What does this actually mean? And how do we fix this?

Krist

--
Vriendelijke Groet |  Best Regards | Freundliche Grüße | Cordialement

Krist van Besien

senior architect, RHCE, RHCSA Open Stack

Red Hat Red Hat Switzerland S.A. <https://www.redhat.com>

krist at redhat.com    M: +41-79-5936260
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>