[Gluster-users] small files performance

Ben Turner bturner at redhat.com
Sun Oct 15 16:23:51 UTC 2017

I get well over 2k IOPs in my OLD 12 disk RAID 6 HW in the lab(4 nodes 2x2 volume):

https://access.redhat.com/sites/default/files/attachments/rhgs3_1_perfbrief_portalv1.pdf

That data is from 3.1, things have improved much since then(I think closer to 3.2k IOPs on the same HW?).  I have a total of 48 disks though(20 data, 8 parity, 20 redundancy) I'm not sure what you have.  I can extract a kernel in between 4 minutes and 1 min 30 secs depending on tunibles and if I use multi threaded TAR tools developed by Ben England.  If you don't have access to the RH paywall you will just have to trust me since the perf brief requires a sub.  The key to getting smallfile perf out of gluster is to use multiple threads and multiple clients.

What is your back end like?

-b