[Gluster-users] FOSDEM Call for Participation: Software Defined Storage devroom
jfajerski at suse.com
Thu Oct 12 10:55:28 UTC 2017
CfP for the Software Defined Storage devroom at FOSDEM 2018
(Brussels, Belgium, February 4th).
FOSDEM is a free software event that offers open source communities a place to
meet, share ideas and collaborate. It is renown for being highly developer-
oriented and brings together 8000+ participants from all over the world. It
is held in the city of Brussels (Belgium).
FOSDEM 2018 will take place during the weekend of February 3rd-4th 2018. More
details about the event can be found at http://fosdem.org/
** Call For Participation
The Software Defined Storage devroom will go into it's second round for
talks around Open Source Software Defined Storage projects, management tools
and real world deployments.
Presentation topics could include but are not limited too:
- Your work on a SDS project like Ceph, GlusterFS or LizardFS
- Your work on or with SDS related projects like SWIFT or Container Storage
- Management tools for SDS deployments
- Monitoring tools for SDS clusters
** Important dates:
- 26 Nov 2017: submission deadline for talk proposals
- 15 Dec 2017: announcement of the final schedule
- 4 Feb 2018: Software Defined Storage dev room
Talk proposals will be reviewed by a steering committee:
- Leonardo Vaz (Ceph Community Manager - Red Hat Inc.)
- Joao Luis (Core Ceph contributor - SUSE)
- Jan Fajerski (Ceph Developer - SUSE)
Use the FOSDEM 'pentabarf' tool to submit your proposal:
- If necessary, create a Pentabarf account and activate it.
Please reuse your account from previous years if you have
already created it.
- In the "Person" section, provide First name, Last name
(in the "General" tab), Email (in the "Contact" tab)
and Bio ("Abstract" field in the "Description" tab).
- Submit a proposal by clicking on "Create event".
- Important! Select the "Software Defined Storage devroom" track
(on the "General" tab).
- Provide the title of your talk ("Event title" in the "General" tab).
- Provide a description of the subject of the talk and the
intended audience (in the "Abstract" field of the "Description" tab)
- Provide a rough outline of the talk or goals of the session (a short
list of bullet points covering topics that will be discussed) in the
"Full description" field in the "Description" tab
- Provide an expected length of your talk in the "Duration" field. Please
count at least 10 minutes of discussion into your proposal.
Suggested talk length would be 15, 20+10, 30+15, and 45+15 minutes.
** Recording of talks
The FOSDEM organizers plan to have live streaming and recording fully working,
both for remote/later viewing of talks, and so that people can watch streams
in the hallways when rooms are full. This requires speakers to consent to
being recorded and streamed. If you plan to be a speaker, please understand
that by doing so you implicitly give consent for your talk to be recorded and
streamed. The recordings will be published under the same license as all
FOSDEM content (CC-BY).
Hope to hear from you soon! And please forward this announcement.
More information about the Gluster-users