[Gluster-users] Peer isolation while healing

WK wkmail at bneit.com
Mon Oct 9 18:08:02 UTC 2017

You have replica2 so you can't really take 50% of your cluster down
without turning off quorum (and risking split brain). So detaching the
rebuilding peer is really not an option.

If you had replica3 or an arbiter, you CAN detach or isolate the problem
peer.  I've done things like change the Gluster network IP on the 'bad'
peer to help speed up a RAID6 rebuild, that wasn't happy with the
gluster heal process going on at the same time.

Your data will still be available and fully functional on the remaining
peer (though you lost redundancy)

Then once the raid rebuild had caught up, you could return the peer to
the cluster and do a final 'heal'.

-bill