[Gluster-users] Help with reconnecting a faulty brick

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Wed Nov 15 08:45:46 UTC 2017

On 11/15/2017 12:54 PM, Daniel Berteaud wrote:

> Le 13/11/2017 à 21:07, Daniel Berteaud a écrit :
>>
>> Le 13/11/2017 à 10:04, Daniel Berteaud a écrit :
>>>
>>> Could I just remove the content of the brick (including the
>>> .glusterfs directory) and reconnect ?

If it is only the brick that is faulty on the bad node, but everything
else is fine, like glusterd running, the node being a part of the
trusted storage pool etc,  you could just kill the brick first and do
step-13 in "10.6.2. Replacing a Host Machine with the Same Hostname",
(the mkdir of non-existent dir, followed by setfattr of non-existent
key) of
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Storage/3.1/pdf/Administration_Guide/Red_Hat_Storage-3.1-Administration_Guide-en-US.pdf,
then restart the brick by restarting glusterd on that node. Read 10.5
and 10.6 sections in the doc to get a better understanding of replacing
bricks.