[Gluster-users] How can replicated and distributed replicated volume benefit read performance in most environments?

Jeevan Patnaik g1patnaik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 17:18:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to get in over my head with the different glusterFs volume types
and their affect on performance. But few things In not clear

By analyzing tcpdump, I can see that the reads happen from only one
host/brick out of the replicated set. Then what makes replicated type gives
better read performance than any other volume type except striped types.

Regards,
Jeevan.