[Gluster-users] What is it with trusted.io-stats-dump?

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Mon Nov 13 07:10:49 UTC 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Jeevan Patnaik <g1patnaik at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand how the extended attribute trusted.io-stats-dump
> works.
>
> setfattr -n trusted.io-stats-dump -v /tmp/gluster_perf_stats/io-stats-pre.txt
> /mnt/gluster/gv0_glusterfs
>
> I can see that the io-stats-pre.txt is created. But how and what happened
> in the background?
>
> And why I can't I see the attribute with getfattr again?

That is because 'trusted.io-stats-dump' is one of the many Virtual key
GlusterFS handles.

As GlusterFS is a filesystem, the way to interact with it is through system
calls. GlusterFS has some options for debugging in-built using 'setxattr()'
and 'getxattr()' syscall interface, and they are called 'virtual keys'.

Regards,
Amar

> getfattr -dm- /mnt/gluster/gv0_glusterfs
> # file: mnt/gluster/gv0_glusterfs
> trusted.glusterfs.dht.commithash="3480667945"
>
> Regards,
> Jeevan.

Amar Tumballi (amarts)