[Gluster-users] Adding a slack for communication?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 23:23:34 UTC 2017

The archival process of the mailing list makes searching for past issues possible. Slack, and irc in general, is a more closed garden than a public archived mailing list.

That said, irc/slack is good for immediate interaction between people, say, gluster user with a nightmare and a knowledgeable developer with deep understanding and willingness to assist.

If there's a way to make a debug/help/fix session publicly available, and crucially, referenced in the mailing list archive, then irc/slack is a great additional communication channel.

On November 8, 2017 4:22:44 PM EST, Amye Scavarda <amye at redhat.com> wrote:
>From today's community meeting, we had an item from the issue queue:
>https://github.com/gluster/community/issues/13
>
>Should we have a Gluster Community slack team? I'm interested in
>everyone's thoughts on this.
>- amye
>
>--
>Amye Scavarda | amye at redhat.com | Gluster Community Lead

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related and reflect authenticity.