[Gluster-users] Adding a slack for communication?

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Thu Nov 9 00:15:17 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 3:23 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
> The archival process of the mailing list makes searching for past issues
> possible. Slack, and irc in general, is a more closed garden than a public
> archived mailing list.
>
> That said, irc/slack is good for immediate interaction between people, say,
> gluster user with a nightmare and a knowledgeable developer with deep
> understanding and willingness to assist.
>
> If there's a way to make a debug/help/fix session publicly available, and
> crucially, referenced in the mailing list archive, then irc/slack is a great
> additional communication channel.

So at the moment, we do have the logs from IRC made public. We could
probably do the same thing for a possible slack instance, but that's
not really an improvement.
I think being able to get some of the debug sessions into
documentation might improve that problem.

However, willing to hear more about what else we should be doing to
support users!
- amye

--
Amye Scavarda | amye at redhat.com | Gluster Community Lead