[Gluster-users] Gluster Summit BOF - Testing

Jonathan Holloway jholloway at redhat.com
Wed Nov 8 01:06:03 UTC 2017

Hi all,

We had a BoF about Upstream Testing and increasing coverage.

Discussion included:
 - More docs on using the gluster-specific libraries.
 - Templates, examples, and testcase scripts with common functionality as a jumping off point to create a new test script.
 - Reduce the number of systems required by existing libraries (but scale as needed). e.g., two instead of eight.
 - Providing scripts, etc. for leveraging Docker, Vagrant, virsh, etc. to easily create test environment on laptops, workstations, servers.
 - Access to logs for Jenkins tests.
 - Access to systems for live debugging.
 - What do we test? Maybe need to create upstream test plans.
 - Discussion here on gluster-users and updates in testing section of community meeting agenda.

Since returning from Gluster Summit, some of these are already being worked on. :-)

Thank you to all the birds of a feather that participated in the discussion!!!
Sweta, did I miss anything in that list?

Cheers,
Jonathan