[Gluster-users] Gluster Summit BOF - Rebalance
nbalacha at redhat.com
Mon Nov 6 12:47:18 UTC 2017
We had a BOF on Rebalance at the Gluster Summit to get feedback from
- Performance has improved over the last few releases and it works well for
- However, it is still not fast enough on volumes which contain a lot of
directories and small files. The bottleneck appears to be the
single-threaded filesystem crawl.
- Scripts using the fix-layout and file migration virtual xattrs to
rebalance volumes which are available via the mount point would be helpful
- Rebalance is currently broken on volumes with ZFS bricks (and other FS
where fallocate is not available). A fix for this is being worked on 
and should be ready soon.
- The rebalance status output is satisfactory
Amar, Susant, Raghavendra, please add if I have missed something.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-users