[Gluster-users] Fwd: Re: GlusterFS removal from Openstack Cinder

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Sat May 27 06:38:42 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 9:10 PM, Joe Julian <joe at julianfamily.org> wrote:

> Forwarded for posterity and follow-up.

I am a Red Hat employee working on gluster and I am happy with the kind of
investments the company did in GlusterFS. Still am. It is a pretty good
company and really open. I never had any trouble saying something the
management did is wrong when I strongly felt and they would give a decent
reason for their decision.

>> Would you please start a thread on the gluster-users and gluster-devel
>> mailing lists and see if there's anyone willing to take ownership of
>> this. I'm certainly willing to participate as well but my $dayjob has
>> gone more kubernetes than openstack so I have only my limited free time
>> that I can donate.

Do we know what would maintaining cinder as active entail? Did Eric get
back to any of you?

> --
> Amye Scavarda | amye at redhat.com | Gluster Community Lead

Pranith