[Gluster-users] mount glusterfs with another ip

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed May 24 13:34:49 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 05:04:34PM +0430, atris adam wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have created a glusterfs volume with local ip, I want to mount the
> glusterfs volume with valid Ip somewhere else. The client machine can not
> ping the local ip, I mean it is in another network.
>
> Is it possible to create a glusterfs volume in one network lan and mount it
> in another network lan, which the lans are not pingable to each other?

Not at the moment. There is an idea that should make this possible. In
the future (Gluster 3.12, maybe?) there is GF-Proxy that will enable
this.

Until then, you should look into setting up NFS-Ganesha or Samba to
function as a proxy server. We strongly recommend to use only a single
access protocol (FUSE mounts, NFS or Samba) to prevent inconsistencies
in caching/permissions/locking/..., so keep that in mind.

Niels