[Gluster-users] GlusterFS and Kafka

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Wed May 24 03:53:30 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 1:39 AM, Christopher Schmidt <fakod666 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> OK, seems that this works now.
>
> A couple of questions:
> - What do you think, are all these options necessary for Kafka?

I am not entirely certain what subset of options will make it work as I do
not understand the nature of failure with  Kafka and the default gluster
configuration. It certainly needs further analysis to identify the list of
options necessary. Would it be possible for you to enable one option after
the other and determine the configuration that ?

> - You wrote that there have to be kind of application profiles. So to
> find out, which set of options work is currently a matter of testing (and
> hope)? Or are there any experiences for MongoDB / ProstgreSQL / Zookeeper
> etc.?

Application profiles are work in progress. We have a few that are focused
on use cases like VM storage, block storage etc. at the moment.

> - I am using Heketi and Dynamik Storage Provisioning together with
> Kubernetes. Can I set this volume options somehow by default or by volume
> plugin?

Adding Raghavendra and Michael to help address this query.

-Vijay