[Gluster-users] 120k context switches on GlsuterFS nodes

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Mon May 22 17:45:07 UTC 2017

On 05/22/17 10:27, mabi wrote:
> Sorry for posting again but I was really wondering if it is somehow
> possible to tune gluster in order to make better use of all my cores
> (see below for the details). I suspect that is the reason for the high
> sporadic context switches I have been experiencing.
>
> Cheers!

In theory, more clients and more diverse filesets.

The only way to know would be for you to analyze the traffic pattern
and/or profile gluster on your server. There's never some magic "tune
software X to operate more efficiently" setting, or else it would be the
default (except for the "turbo" button back in the early PC clone days).