[Gluster-users] plan to use as a nas for homedirs

Laurent Bardi Laurent.Bardi at ipbs.fr
Wed May 10 07:51:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have 2x (40TB DAS attached  to a machine running ESX (64Go RAM)). I
plan to use them as an active-active cluster with gluster + ctdb
(serving only smb no nfs). The goal is to store homedirs and profiles
for all my client machines (~ 150 win7 client).

Any advice are welcome !

-Should i use only one VM with gluster + ctdb on each esx , each VM
accessing a raw disk of 40TB

or

-Should i use 4 or 8 VM on each esx with 4x10TB or 8x5TB raw disks (each
VM driving a single rawdisk)

I there anybody on the list who already achieve that ?

Many thanks in advance.

--
Laurent BARDI /  RSI CNRS-IPBS / CRSSI DR14
INSTITUT  de PHARMACOLOGIE et de BIOLOGIE STRUCTURALE