[Gluster-users] gdeploy, Centos7 & Ansible 2.3

Sachidananda URS surs at redhat.com
Tue May 9 07:15:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 2:05 PM, hvjunk <hvjunk at gmail.com> wrote:

> <quote>
>
> [root at linked-clone-of-centos-linux ~]# gdeploy -c t.conf
> ERROR! no action detected in task. This often indicates a misspelled
> module name, or incorrect module path.
>
> The error appears to have been in '/tmp/tmpvhTM5i/pvcreate.yml': line 16,
> column 5, but may
> be elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem.
>
> The offending line appears to be:
>
>   # Create pv on all the disks
>   - name: Create Physical Volume
>     ^ here

That is strange. Can you please give me the following output?

$ rpm -qa | grep deploy
$ rpm -qa | grep ansible

Because after your mail tested on my machine and things seem to be working.
So, I'm guessing
there could be very trivial setup/package issues here which is causing this.

Once you confirm that you are using gdeploy-2.0.2-6 and ansible-2.2 or
higher. Can you please
perform the below steps to narrow down the error.

Maybe you can just trim your config file to contain just:

[hosts]
10.10.10.11
10.10.10.12
10.10.10.13

[backend-setup]
devices=/dev/sdb
mountpoints=/gluster/brick1
brick_dirs=/gluster/brick1/one
pools=pool1

And run the command:

$ gdeploy -c t.conf -k

The -k will ensure that your playbook temporary directory is not deleted.
You see a message like:

You can view the generated configuration files inside /tmp/tmp...

Please cd to that directory and run:

$ ansible-playbook -i ansible_hosts pvcreate.yml

Can you please let me know the results? We may have to take a closer look
at your setup.

-sac