[Gluster-users] Can not delete a volume

Atin Mukherjee atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com
Sun May 7 17:04:09 UTC 2017

On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 10:06 PM, Tahereh Fattahi <t28.fattahi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks a lot
> For gv2, I have two bricks, second peer is in peer list from node I want
> to delete.
> But there are other nodes for other volumes, not gv2, that are in peer
> list but are not connected. How can I remove these nodes from peer list?

Please note in  existing GlusterD's design the configuration of all volumes
(irrespective of which nodes the bricks are hosted) are stored across all
the nodes and hence it becomes mandatory to have all the nodes to be up if
a volume has to be deleted. Even when it comes detaching a peer, you can't
detach a peer having bricks hosted for the volumes. So you'd have to bring
in the nodes first, delete all the unwanted volumes and then detach them.
With GlusterD2, this problem will automatically be solved as every nodes
need not to participate in the transaction.