[Gluster-users] Arbiter and Hot Tier

Walter Deignan WDeignan at uline.com
Fri May 5 15:24:26 UTC 2017

I've been googling this to no avail so apologies if this is explained
somewhere I missed.

Is there a known incompatibility between using arbiters and hot tiering?

Experience on 3.9

Original volume - replica 3 arbiter 1
Attach replica 2 arbiter 1 hot tier - failure
Attach replica 3 hot tier - success

Experience on 3.10

Original volume - replica 3 arbiter 1
Attach replica 2 arbiter 1 hot tier - failure
Attach replica 3 hot tier - failure
Attach hot tier without specifying replica - success but comes in as a
distributed tier which I would assume totally negates the point of having
a replicated cold tier?

The specific error message I get is "volume attach-tier: failed:
Increasing replica count for arbiter volumes is not supported."

-Walter Deignan
-Uline IT, Systems Architect