[Gluster-users] Gluster and NFS-Ganesha - cluster is down after reboot

Adam Ru ad.ruckel at gmail.com
Fri May 5 14:34:19 UTC 2017

Hi Soumya,

Thank you for the answer.

Enabling Pacemaker? Yes, you’re completely right, I didn’t do it. Thank you.

I spent some time by testing and I have some results. This is what I did:

 - Clean installation of CentOS 7.3 with all updates, 3x node, resolvable
IPs and VIPs
 - Stopped firewalld (just for testing)
 - Install "centos-release-gluster" to get "centos-gluster310" repo and
install following (nothing else):
 --- glusterfs-server
 --- glusterfs-ganesha
 - Passwordless SSH between all nodes (/var/lib/glusterd/nfs/secret.pem and
secret.pem.pub on all nodes)
 - systemctl enable and start glusterd
 - gluster peer probe <other nodes>
 - gluster volume set all cluster.enable-shared-storage enable
 - systemctl enable and start pcsd.service
 - systemctl enable pacemaker.service (cannot be started at this moment)
 - Set password for hacluster user on all nodes
 - mkdir /var/run/gluster/shared_storage/nfs-ganesha/
 - touch /var/run/gluster/shared_storage/nfs-ganesha/ganesha.conf (not sure
if needed)
 - vi /var/run/gluster/shared_storage/nfs-ganesha/ganesha-ha.conf and
insert configuration
 - Try list files on other nodes: ls
/var/run/gluster/shared_storage/nfs-ganesha/
 - gluster nfs-ganesha enable
 - Check on other nodes that nfs-ganesha.service is running and "pcs
status" shows started resources
 - gluster volume create mynewshare replica 3 transport tcp node1:/<dir>
node2:/<dir> node3:/<dir>
 - gluster volume start mynewshare
 - gluster vol set mynewshare ganesha.enable on

After these steps, all VIPs are pingable and I can mount node1:/mynewshare

Funny thing is that pacemaker.service is disabled again (something disabled
it). This is status of important (I think) services:

systemctl list-units --all
# corosync.service             loaded    active   running
# glusterd.service             loaded    active   running
# nfs-config.service           loaded    inactive dead
# nfs-ganesha-config.service   loaded    inactive dead
# nfs-ganesha-lock.service     loaded    active   running
# nfs-ganesha.service          loaded    active   running
# nfs-idmapd.service           loaded    inactive dead
# nfs-mountd.service           loaded    inactive dead
# nfs-server.service           loaded    inactive dead
# nfs-utils.service            loaded    inactive dead
# pacemaker.service            loaded    active   running
# pcsd.service                 loaded    active   running

systemctl list-unit-files --all
# corosync-notifyd.service    disabled
# corosync.service            disabled
# glusterd.service            enabled
# glusterfsd.service          disabled
# nfs-blkmap.service          disabled
# nfs-config.service          static
# nfs-ganesha-config.service  static
# nfs-ganesha-lock.service    static
# nfs-ganesha.service         disabled
# nfs-idmap.service           static
# nfs-idmapd.service          static
# nfs-lock.service            static
# nfs-mountd.service          static
# nfs-rquotad.service         disabled
# nfs-secure-server.service   static
# nfs-secure.service          static
# nfs-server.service          disabled
# nfs-utils.service           static
# nfs.service                 disabled
# nfslock.service             static
# pacemaker.service           disabled
# pcsd.service                enabled

I enabled pacemaker again on all nodes and restart all nodes one by one.

After reboot all VIPs are gone and I can see that nfs-ganesha.service isn’t
running. When I start it on at least two nodes then VIPs are pingable again
and I can mount NFS again. But there is still some issue in the setup
because when I check nfs-ganesha-lock.service I get:

systemctl -l status nfs-ganesha-lock.service
● nfs-ganesha-lock.service - NFS status monitor for NFSv2/3 locking.
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nfs-ganesha-lock.service;
static; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2017-05-05 13:43:37 UTC;
31min ago
  Process: 6203 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/rpc.statd --no-notify $STATDARGS
(code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

May 05 13:43:37 node0.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting NFS status monitor
for NFSv2/3 locking....
May 05 13:43:37 node0.localdomain rpc.statd[6205]: Version 1.3.0 starting
May 05 13:43:37 node0.localdomain rpc.statd[6205]: Flags: TI-RPC
May 05 13:43:37 node0.localdomain rpc.statd[6205]: Failed to open directory
sm: Permission denied
May 05 13:43:37 node0.localdomain rpc.statd[6205]: Failed to open
/var/lib/nfs/statd/state: Permission denied
May 05 13:43:37 node0.localdomain systemd[1]: nfs-ganesha-lock.service:
control process exited, code=exited status=1
May 05 13:43:37 node0.localdomain systemd[1]: Failed to start NFS status
monitor for NFSv2/3 locking..
May 05 13:43:37 node0.localdomain systemd[1]: Unit nfs-ganesha-lock.service
entered failed state.
May 05 13:43:37 node0.localdomain systemd[1]: nfs-ganesha-lock.service
failed.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Adam

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Mahdi Adnan <mahdi.adnan at outlook.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Same here, when i reboot the node i have to manually execute "pcs cluster
> start gluster01" and pcsd already enabled and started.
>
> Gluster 3.8.11
>
> Centos 7.3 latest
>
> Installed using CentOS Storage SIG repository
>

> --
>
> Respectfully
> *Mahdi A. Mahdi*

>>> 3. I created empty ganesha.conf and not empty ganesha-ha.conf in

--
Adam