[Gluster-users] moving drives containing bricks from one server to another

Andy Tai atai at atai.org
Fri May 5 05:03:36 UTC 2017

Hi, I have a gluster volume with bricks spread over several physical
drives.   I now want to upgrade my server to a new system and plan to move
the drives from the old server to the new server, with a different host
name and IP address.  Can I shut down the gluster volume on the old server,
move and install the physical drives containing the bricks to the new
server, and then create a new gluster volume on the new server, and add the
bricks to the new volume in the same way reflecting the previous
organization of the volume on the old server, and expect everything to work
(all files preserved and accessible via glusterfs, with no data loss?

The gluster volume on the old server would be retired and I want to let the
new server taking over the role of serving the gluster volume.

Thanks

--
Andy Tai, atai at atai.org, Skype: licheng.tai, Line: andy_tai, WeChat:
andytai1010